In response to numerous requests to provide water and sewer line coverage, the Authority researched potential companies who offered such optional service contracts. These contracts cover the cost to repair and/or replace the service line from the curb to the house which is owned by the customer. In 2008, the Authority selected HomeServe USA which provides line protection plans for United Water, Aqua America and the Louisville Water District as well as comparable services for First Energy. The firm comes very highly recommended and they are offering water line coverage with up to $7,000 a year in claims for $5.49 per month and sewer line coverage with up to $7,000 a year in claims for $8.99 per month (excluding sales tax). HomeServe USA started providing this service to Jackson Township in 2009.
On a monthly basis, the Authority is provided with a status report which details HomeServe’s work in Jackson Township and throughout the United States. Through February 2017, HomeServe USA is reporting a 100% satisfaction rate in Jackson Township.
The Authority does not receive any compensation as a result of this offering. However, HomeServe USA continues to make an annual donation to local charities based upon the number of customers who sign up for this service. Between 2009 and 2016, the Authority’s Board of Commissioners has designated the following charities to receive donations.
- Adopt A Senior Organization received $1,000 in 2016
- Jackson Relay for Life recieved $1,319.65 in 2016
- Jackson Memorial Band Parent’s Inc. received $1,750 in 2014
- Jackson First Aid Squad received $2,000 in 2012
- Jackson VFW Post 4703 received $2,650 in 2011
- Inches of Hope Children's Cancer Foundation (formerly The Charitique Foundation) received a total of $5,529.65 from 2014-2016
- Jackson Veterans Memorial Garden received a total of $8,479.65 from 2013-2016
- Jackson Food Pantry received a total of $20,729.65 from 2009-2016
To date, the Authority is pleased to report a total of $43,548.60 has been made to local charities from HomeServe USA. An additional $2,000 has been set aside for potential bill assistance.
Through, February 2017, HomeServe USA has 1,350 water lines and 849 sewer line contracts.
For more information, HomeServe USA can be reached toll-free at 1-888-666-7711.